Blog Post #11: Preliminary Task: Cover Page Explanation

 Hi, I'm glad that you're back!

In this blog, I'll be going in depth about my previous blog.





To start off, the title "Girly Co." is what I intend on naming my potential blog/magazine. So, I decided to implement it for the preliminary task. I obtained the hard hat image from the internet & the idea behind the pink hardhats is that, since this is a female owned magazine, I decided that this image would speak for "Girly Co." & what it stands for. Also, I went with the pink & neon yellow color scheme because, I like the color pink & the yellow was implemented to add an extra pop of color.


Additional details:

  Masthead

 Main Image

 Strapline

 Main Cover line

 Color Scheme

 Personalized House Style


When creating this cover, I didn't have many issues other than the hard hat image appearing as pixel & finding the font that fits my magazine. The house style of this cover includes a color scheme of bright colors. I wanted it to appear as an upbeat & classy magazine while trying to implement mise en scene. The masthead is in a big, horizon outlined font & it adds a fun, bold touch. Also, the target audience is meant for teens & adults that are familiar with these women that are in the public eye. Overall, the process was enjoyable & it was great to get the experience of doing editorial work. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #64:Media Studies Reflect

Blog Post #60:Evaluation: CCR 1: How Does Your Product Use Or Challenge Conventions & How Does It Represent Social Groups Or Issues?

Blog Post #61:Evaluation: CCR 2: How Does Your Product Engage With Audiences & How Would It Be Distributed As a Real Media Text?