Blog post #45: Feature Writing Practice #3

 Hello!

Today, I'll be identifying & conducting my final feature writing practice.


Practice Example: 

Someone called 18 people in the city last night. The caller identified himself as the president of Rutherford Ford, Inc., 2780 Doss Boulevard. He told each of the people that they had just won a new car from his dealership. Interviewed by reporters today, most of the people who received the calls said that at first they just couldn't believe it. And they were right. They couldn't. The person who called was a prankster, and Allen Rutherford, president of the dealership, says he has no idea who placed he calls, and that he's spending all his time today trying to explain the situation to those 18 people. "Someone apparently has a sick idea of humor," Rutherford said. After convincing people they had won a new car, the caller asked them to drop by the dealership this morning to pick it up. All 18 were there when the dealership opened its doors at 9 a.m. "I told them we never offered to give away a car," Rutherford said. "One woman told me she couldn't believe she'd won, and then she told me she couldn't believe it when I told her she hadn't. Two other women began to cry, and a man is threatening to sue me."


Description:  This lead is considered to be a narrative style of writing with use of direct quotes from Allen Rutherford.




Feature lead story (Direct quote): 

At 9 a.m. Allen Rutherford, president of Rutherford Ford Inc. dealership was faced with the aftermath of a cruel prank. 18 individuals received a call that they won a free car. As Allen was coming to open the dealership he was greeted by all 18 individuals ready to claim their free cars. Rutherford says "One woman told me she couldn't believe she'd won, and then she told me she couldn't believe it when I told her she hadn't. Two other women began to cry, and a man is threatening to sue me."


Describe the lead: This was my attempt at creating my own feature lead direct quote story. I was able to lead with a suspenseful statement & then I used direct quotes to show Allen Rutherford's point of view.



I can conclude that, this writing practice was helpful & I learned the different the types of lead writing.


 
                        Thank you for tuning into this blog!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #64:Media Studies Reflect

Blog Post #60:Evaluation: CCR 1: How Does Your Product Use Or Challenge Conventions & How Does It Represent Social Groups Or Issues?

Blog Post #61:Evaluation: CCR 2: How Does Your Product Engage With Audiences & How Would It Be Distributed As a Real Media Text?