Blog Post #51: Exclusive Interview With Model

Hey there!



In my previous blog, I shared the interview questions curated for my subject. I had the pleasure of speaking with Shacorea Balfour, a fashion enthusiast who's also a mother & entrepreneur. Balfour gave honest responses & detailed on how she styles on a daily whilst giving her opinion on fashion in today's society.


1. “Fly Mom” has grown to be your slogan, what is the meaning behind it? 

"Fly mom started out as something I made for me but overtime, I decided to make it about empowering mothers to embrace their style. Often times mothers lose focus on their needs & so fly mom is about how mothers can in fact do it all while looking good."


2. What is fashion?  

"My definition of fashion is the ability to be versatile. Because no matter what you decide to put it on, fashion is what you make it."


3. How did you get into fashion? 

"Ever since I was a little girl, my mother would dress me up & this habit led into my adult life. "


4. Who’s your inspiration & why? 

"My celebrity inspiration is Teyana Taylor. The way she orchestrates her outfits whether it's red carpet appearances or on the go, she always finds a way to perfectly put her items together."



5. How does your style fit into your lifestyle? 

"My style is considered to be versatile. Some days I might feel like wearing streetwear depending on what I'm doing for the day & or I'll decide to go for a more class look if I'm attending a special event."


6. What brands are you currently into at the moment? 

"I'm currently into BAPE & Fendi. Their latest collection is what gravitating me."


7. How do you feel about the current state of fashion in society? 

"Fashion has definitely came a long way from what it was. Women weren't allowed to wear certain things decades ago & now, we're showing how there are many ways to be feminine."


8. What is your go to accessory when completing an outfit?

"When completing an outfit my go-to accessory is jewelry & a nice bag. I'll usually use chains & bracelets to tie my outfits together. With necklace chains I tend to layer them."
 

 9. When shopping, what are the first items you gravitate towards? 
"At the moment, I'm currently gravitating towards hats. I've made quite a collection thus far."


10. As a mom & business owner, I know that you’re on a busy time schedule, what would you consider your go-to? 

"My go-to when I'm on a time crunch is t-shirts,leggings,jeans or even a sweat outfit. As long as you know how to accessorize then you're set. For me, I tend to use crossbody bags as my on the go bag because it's very convenient."  

 
11. How is color coordinating important? Are you someone that likes to mix colors/textures? 

"For me, I'm a mixture of both I like to color coordinate & mix colors. You can never go wrong with monochromatic looks & mixing vibrant colors as long as you know how to make it work. As far as textures, I don't mix them."


12. What items do you repeatedly wear? 

"At the moment, I'm currently into Yeezy Foam Runners. They're comfortable & although it's overlooked by many, they're unique & that's what I like."


13. What do you want to communicate through your wardrobe? 

"I want to show how women can break social norms when it pertains to wardrobe. I want to communicate that just because I'm a mom doesn't mean that I can't "put it on"."


14. Which seasonal style do you prefer? 

"I prefer to style during the winter time because there's so much that you can do to dress for that weather. From layers to beanies & boots, there are many ways to implement fashion during winter time."

15. How would you describe your style?
"I would describe it as different. It's what make Shacorea... Shacorea. My style has always been a reflection of my personality & who I am."



I had the honor of interviewing Shacorea Balfour & I learned many things through this interview.



                               Thank you & see you soon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #64:Media Studies Reflect

Blog Post #60:Evaluation: CCR 1: How Does Your Product Use Or Challenge Conventions & How Does It Represent Social Groups Or Issues?

Blog Post #61:Evaluation: CCR 2: How Does Your Product Engage With Audiences & How Would It Be Distributed As a Real Media Text?