Blog Post #62:Evaluation CCR 3: How Did Your Production Skills Develop Throughout This Project?

Prezi CCR 3 video: 

https://prezi.com/v/5jhqg5egw2s_/compulsory-question-3/?preview=1




 Welcome! My name is Felixia Francis & I’ll be answering compulsory question three. This is for my AICE Media studies Cambridge AS level course. 

  

  

Compulsory Question 3 asks “How does your production skills develop throughout this project?” 

  

  

Throughout this project, I was able to use my knowledge in editing and advance my production skills. I was able to expand my experience and learn how to further navigate throughout different editing software’s such as photoshop apps & Canva Unlimited. What has also been helpful is documenting about the process through blogging. 

  

To add, the preliminary tasks were beneficial in the process of developing my magazine and offered me the opportunity to experiment different camera shots, layout and editing techniques. They allowed me to identify what was needed to work on for my final product. I often struggled with finding the perfect layout & concept because I had many ideas. However, using mood boards, mind maps & examples from other fashion magazines allowed me to gather my final concept together & project them onto my photos and my magazine. 



When comparing my preliminary cover page to my final cover page, I didn’t know what I wanted layout wise when it pertained to my preliminary cover & the photo appeared out of focus. Whereas in the Final cover page, the image is very clear, and the editing techniques were improved as well. Though my cover page of my preliminary task had some basic convention, it lacked in quality. This allowed for me to make up for it in my final cover page, for instance my tagline is located above the masthead, & my cover lines are more sophisticated & divided straighter. While both covers pages include mastheads that are white, the masthead in my preliminary does not stand out, it is thin & the white color blends with the background. On the other hand, the masthead of ‘Girly Co.’ stands out more not only because it is bolded in big neon letters, but it has a different font from the rest of the words in the magazine. Overall, while the preliminary looks rushed, the final cover looks more sophisticated & well thought about. 



To compare my table of contents page to my final page, there is a major difference between them. I learned from my preliminary task that I should use color schemes & space well. In my preliminary contents page, I enlarged everything which didn’t give much focus. Furthermore, it lacks subheadings that gave a small insight on to what the heading will cover and fails to capture the attention of the readers. However, in the final contents page I was aware of how much space to use, and I include subheadings. Also, further information was incorporated about what my magazine is about. One thing that also changed is the difference in fonts and size. I used various of fonts that contrasts with my cover page font such as ‘Montserrat Light’ & ‘Libre Baskerville’. In the final contents page, I decided to use photography of my subject model & was able to show my editing skills by having my model hold the topic circle that included her interview within it. 



One of the things that helped the most throughout my magazine process was having a production schedule. When organizing and completing my production tasks, it was beneficial to have a calendar because it not only allowed me to make sure I completed everything, but it ensured that deadlines were going to be met. My plan was to start actual production in January & finish by March. Though I completed my magazine, I’d often go off schedule due to certain things that would come up. I wrote the feature article, took pictures & edited. Within those three months, I completed my entire magazine and made necessary changes to ensure better results. 

  


That's all for today!

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #64:Media Studies Reflect

Blog Post #60:Evaluation: CCR 1: How Does Your Product Use Or Challenge Conventions & How Does It Represent Social Groups Or Issues?

Blog Post #61:Evaluation: CCR 2: How Does Your Product Engage With Audiences & How Would It Be Distributed As a Real Media Text?